Legal & Compliance Specialist (Netherlands)
PHCEU was founded in 1990 as a subsidiary of the PHC Holding Corporation with a mission to become a leading, trusted brand for sustainable healthcare and biomedical product solutions. Our headquarters are located in the Netherlands, Our goal is to support the work of our customers and to improve the health and well-being of people around the world.
For more than 25 years now, we respond to the needs of our pharmaceutical, biotechnology, hospital/clinical and industrial customers, offering a unique perspective on scientific research in general. As a result, we play a critical role in product development for worldwide applications and we have established a reputation as a manufacturer of high-quality and innovative medical, diagnostic and laboratory equipment.
PHCbi's portfolio includes a range of products with the most advanced technology, operation, design and performance in the laboratory environment. These products include super-low and cryogenic freezers, refrigerators, incubators and sterile workbenches. Our freezers are playing an important role in the current crisis the world is facing.
we are looking for a Legal & Compliance Specialist:
Legal & Compliance Specialist
We are looking to find a candidate with passion for business success, with a customer first mentality, with strong interpersonal skills to work as a team-player, with the ability to quickly grasp business objectives, prioritize and organize work.
- Works on both a strategic and an operational level.
- Organizes internal observance of laws and legislation.
- Advises, supervises, and manages legal matters and contracts concluded by the organization, such as assessing contracts, pricing legislation, delivery conditions, competition law and compliance.
- Contributes to raising internal awareness of legal and compliance matters by organizing and running internal training courses (e.g., on compliance, anti-bribery) and other awareness raising activities.
- Provides support to regulatory and quality management functions of PHCEU with internal auditing, document management, registrations.
- Manages legal affairs and Group compliance program within PHCEU.
- Drafts, reviews, and manages a wide range of contracts, agreements and official statements and providing council on such matters to colleagues.
- Provides colleagues with legal advice, acts as a repository of knowledge.
- Supports legalization of documents.
- Ensures that PHCEU’s policies, proposed activities and transactions comply with applicable European and other laws and legislation.
- Supports the implementation, roll-out and training of global policies, including Code of Conduct and other compliance policies.
- Performs due diligence and trade control checks on potential business partners and individual transactions as part of the company’s Internal Trade Compliance Program.
- Preparation of reports to the PHC group including monthly legal, compliance and trade control reports.
- Identify opportunities, develop, and implement improved contract processes, policies, and templates.
- Support the management of third parties and external legal counsel.
- Support in a proactive manner the housekeeping for PHCEU their subsidiaries in the EMEA region.
- Support with legal and compliance matters for other group companies in the Netherlands on a case-by-case basis.
- Support PHCEU’s internal audit program and document management systems.
- Support PHCEU’s regulatory compliance program including submitting registrations, notifications, and reporting to competent authorities.
- Is educated to university level.
- Applications with a Bachelor of Law degree or an education as paralegal would be preferred.
- Several years of experience working inhouse or as a paralegal at a law firm.
- Knowledge and experience of business / contract / privacy law.
- Knowledge and experience of medical device law would be preferred.
- Experience in planning and conducting internal audits would be an advantage.
- Solid experience and understanding of legal terms and conditions.
- Fluent command of spoken and written Dutch and English (German and French would be an advantage).
- Good command of the software packages MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Located in the area of Breda (NL)
- A long-term employment in the environment of an international company
- Social benefits, adequate remuneration and development opportunities
- a professional environment – characterized by candor, trust and appreciation
Interested, Please send your resume including a cover letter to Jacqueline Courbois (HR Manager PHCEU).