Engineered for speed, accuracy, reproducibility and reliability in demanding laboratory and industrial applications.
Choose from nine laboratory centrifuge models with RCF ranges from 1,050,000 RCF to 31,000 RCF.
Himac centrifuges include both floor and benchtop/undercounter models. All include programmable microprocessor controls with data logging functions for most flexible centrifugation applications. High performance inverter motors provide quiet operation. Regenerative braking can be programmed for controlled stops as desired.
These centrifuges are used worldwide in clinical, life science, biotech, pharmaceutical and industrial research and production. Typical applications include cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, blood and sera processing, and nanoparticle research, paints and coatings development, food and agriculture sciences.
- Accurate and Repeatable
- Robust Components and Construction
- Rotors for Every Application
- Safety First for People and Facilities
- Precise Control for Reproducibility
All models include temperature control systems that can be adjusted to within 1°C over the operating range of -20°C to 40°C depending on model. Rotors are maintained at a default temperature of 4°C. Depending on model, a pre-cooling feature prepares the centrifuge for immediate use. When idle, the centrifuge maintains a constant 15°C temperature inside the rotor chamber to prevent icing. Refrigeration systems include environmentally safe natural refrigerants or low GWP refrigerants (Model CT18R).
RPM and RCF performance is determined by model, rotor and setpoint preferences within operational ranges set forth in model specifications. Each cabinet is designed for quiet operation and low heat output. A unique non-contact out-of-balance sensor monitors both rotor and drive shaft vibration. If vibration exceeds safe limits the sensor overrides the process and stops operation immediately.
Rotor Maximum Capacity
Rotors are the essential component in centrifuge applications. The Himac selection includes fixed rotor, neo-angle, vertical and swinging bucket configurations complemented by a wide array of adapters, tubes, bottles, caps and other products required to optimize the centrifuge set-up to the application.
- A rotor identification chip contained in each rotor automatically senses rotor specific parameters to compensate for air friction and operating temperature. By placing the rotor onto the drive shaft, the centrifuge recognizes the exclusive rotor serial number identification, as well as optimal running conditions associated with air friction and temperature setpoint.
- The unique self-locking rotor system simplifies set-up. There is no need to attach the rotor with screws or manual push buttons.
- The rotor unlocks automatically when vacuum returns to atmospheric pressure and the rotation stops.
All Himac centrifuges are programmable. An integrated control panel manages a microprocessor-based platform configured to simplify user input, setpoint variables, audible and visual indicators and status reports throughout a process.
- Typical parameters include operating temperature, acceleration ramp and dwell time, rate of deceleration and setpoint deviation allowances.
- A convenient RCF calculator displays a recommended running speed to achieve desired RCF (xg). Because the run timer starts only when the desired speed is reached, net run time over the process assures better reproducibility.
- A touch-sensitive LCD control panel interface with intuitive graphical icons and icons simplifies operation. Program presets assure repeatable performance for frequent processes. The control panel displays the process during all phases of operation including rotor cover and lid lock status.
- To enhance operational security, authorized users can be programmed as either “users” or “administrators”. This safety function eliminates human error or unauthorized process overrides.
The latest generation of variable speed inverter motors offers the most efficient rotor drive method throughout the cycle.
- The inverter motor provides accurate spin-up, uniform management of speed at dwell, responsive spin rate change according to program, and controlled deceleration and braking as required by the process.
- All models include a regenerative braking system designed to save energy by reusing power and minimizing heat output from the brake function.
Optional biological aerosol containment systems can be added to eliminate escape of particulates into the laboratory.
- Models CPNX, CSFNX/CSNX are available with optional micro filters in line with the vacuum diffusion pump.
- Model CR22N includes an optional HEPA Filter and vacuum pump. Screw-on lids for buckets are available for conventional bio-containment.
Rotors and Centrifuge Accessories
Contact PHC for information on the complete line of Himac rotors and accessories.
The PHCbi Brand Laboratory Product Line
PHCbi brand product lines include the space saving and energy efficient TwinGuard™ and VIP® ultra-low temperature freezers, cryogenic and biomedical freezers, pharmacy and high performance refrigerators, cell culture CO2
and Multigas (CO2
) incubators, portable autoclaves and LabAlert™ Monitoring System. For more product information please call PHC Corporation of North America at 800-858-8442 or visit www.phchd.com/us/biomedical
PHC Corporation of North America
PHC Corporation of North America is a subsidiary of PHC Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, a global leader in development, design and manufacturing of laboratory equipment for biopharmaceutical, life sciences, academic, healthcare and government markets. Product lines under the new PHCbi brand include the space saving and energy efficient VIP® ECO, TwinGuard® and VIP Series ultra-low temperature freezers, cryogenic and biomedical freezers, pharmacy and high performance refrigerators, cell culture CO2 and multigas incubators, portable autoclaves, Drosophila/plant growth chambers and cell processing work stations. For more product information, please call PHC Corporation of North America at 800-858-8442, email email@example.com or visit www.phchd.com/us/biomedical.
Himac centrifuges are manufactured by Koki Holdings and marketed in North America by PHC Corporation of North America. Himac is a registered trademark of Koki Holdings.