We have pledged to perform the following activities, recognizing that the environmental initiatives are an important issue based on the Policy of the PHC Group.
1. Compliance with legal and other requirements
We comply with all applicable laws, regulations and requirements applicable to us. We also take into account the views and wishes of stockholders, customers,local organizations and all other stakeholders in setting and adhering to voluntary measures that protect and safeguard the environment.
2. Environmental initiatives and pollution prevention
Recognizing that it is our corporate responsibility to help reduce global warming, utilize resources effectively and prevent environmental contamination, we pledge to do the following:
- Use energy efficiently and effectively in every aspect of our businesses.
- Design environmentally-conscious products that conserve resources and reduce reliance on environmentally hazardous substances.
- Promote manufacturing practices that substantially reduce or eliminate the risk of soil and groundwater contamination from chemical substances and other waste.
- Strive to be a better corporate citizen by taking an active part in local activities and events.
- Using energy effectively in the business
- As for our products, doing environment-conscious design (effective use of resources, non-use of environmentally hazardous substances, and so on)
- In the manufacturing divisions, promoting of prevention of pollution and reduction of risk, for chemical substances, waste and soil & underground water
- In the social activities, aiming for as a better corporate citizen, and joining the local events actively
3. Continual improvement of our environmental management systems
In coordination with our business activities, we will optimize the environmental management of our manufacturing divisions so as to continually improve our environmental performance.
4. Raising environmental awareness
We will strive to raise awareness and knowledge of the environment within the Company so that our teams can independently implement environmental initiatives.
June 25, 2020
President Kyoji Morimoto