If you ask us for a price quote, we may share your contact details with all of the distributors operating in your country to give you the opportunity to compare sales prices and get the best possible deal. However, you have the possibility to expand or restrict the list of the recipients of your inquiry among the distributors manually.
Your inquiry will be registered in our CRM system. If you would like to verify which personal data is being held or wish to access, update, or delete your personal data from our system, please contact us at: email@example.com
Personal data provided to us (with your permission) by our business partners (e.g. distributors) may include:
- your name;
- title (the way you would like to be addressed);
- your contact details (e.g. e-mail address, phone number);
- area of expertise (e.g. department that you belong to or research project you are involved in);
- the name of the organisation you represent and its location (e.g. the name of the place and the post code);
This information will be used for the following purposes only:
- compliance with the applicable product safety legislation, e.g. to ensure effective response where corrective or preventive measures are required;
- management of customers’ feedback (including complaints) related to quality and performance of our products;
- training and product management support, insofar as such training and support are required;
- compliance with trade controls (e.g. in the situations where a purchaser is expected to confirm the identity of the end-user and the intended mode of application of the products to be supplied).
Data obtained from publicly available sources
We use publicly available sources (e.g. business registers, online publications) as well as services of some reputable providers of credit risk and due diligence solutions to:
- manage our existing and prospective business partner relationships and associated business risks;
- comply with applicable legal obligations, industry standards and corporate policies related, e.g. to preventing and detecting money-laundering activities, tackling problems associated with bribery or modern-day slavery; trade controls etc;
- carry out research and analyses aimed at protection and improvement of our business.
Personal data obtained via this channel may include:
- Your name;
- Information relating to your professional or political career;
- Numbers of shares held (where applicable);
- Date of birth, the country of origin and other personal information that may appear on the official lists of parties subject to sanctions or restrictions from time to time;
- References to relevant publications and announcements (including negative publicity, where applicable).
In order to protect your privacy, we
- implement and maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures to prevent unauthorized disclosure, use, modification or destruction of the personal data in our possession;
- conduct regular training seminars on key principles of the protection of personal data for the relevant members of the staff;
- regularly review the established policies and procedures, including those related to reporting of information security breaches, to ensure a swift and adequate response.
Transfer of your personal data outside the EEA
Please note that if you are based in any of the countries belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA), your personal data will be stored on servers located within the EU. Transfer of your personal data to our representatives or affiliates located in third countries outside the EU will only take place where
- based on the decision of the European Commission, the third country in question ensures an adequate level of protection of personal data; or
- appropriate safeguards have been provided in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR.
To determine the appropriate period for storing personal data, we take into account the amount of personal data in question; its nature and sensitivity; the purpose of processing; the potential risk of harm
in the case of a data breach; and the applicable legal requirements. If your personal data have been used for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a business relationship, such data will be stored until such relationship lasts plus a retention period stipulated by applicable commercial and tax laws. If you do not wish to be contacted or no longer wish to receive any direct marketing communications, you LCA-POL-007 November 2018, version 2.0 Page 5 of 7 have the right to opt-out. In your own interest, we will keep a permanent record of your request (including
a minimum amount of your personal details) in a designated database.
Data related to your online visit stored and retrieved in the form of cookies
Our website tracking program collects aggregate information about the number of visitors, types of browsers used, Internet Service Providers (ISP) used, visit times and length, pages visit, referring pages and exit pages (commonly known as log files). This information helps us measure popularity, traffic, and effectiveness of various areas of this website and helps us to offer our visitors a better browsing experience.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data generated by a website you visit and stored on your computer or mobile device if the browser's settings allow it. Some cookies are retained in your browser only for the duration of your session on the website. Others remain ‘active’ for a longer period of time. Cookies used on our website have been grouped in accordance with the classification proposed by International Chamber of Commerce in their Cookie Guide. Some cookies are strictly necessary
. They enable you to navigate our website and use its basic features. Some cookies are used to enhance the functionality
of the website by storing your preferences and selected settings. These cookies are not essential, yet they help us to optimize your experience of our
Performance cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our websites in order to improve them. For example, they tell us how many individual unique users we have; which pages are visited most frequently; which features are used most often and which, on the other hand, are ignored; whether an error message has been sent to any of our users etc. All of the information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous – it does not identify individual visitors. Targeting cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
Below is the list of cookies we use, including their name, short description, the lifespan and an indication of whether they are exempt from requirements for prior informed consent according to the EU advisory body on Data protection.
|| Retention period
||Security Cookie to prevent counterfeits. CSRF stands for crosssite request forgery.
||Security cookie to prevent counterfeits.
||Used to determine if a user is authenticated.
||General session cookie set by the server used to track the session state. Enables the site to remember selections and preferences made by the user.
|The main purpose of this cookie is: Performance
|| Session cookie used to remember user preferences.
|This cookie saves the width of the tree navigation of the content editor. This means: If the width of the navigation changes, the cookie value is also set to the corresponding pixel width.
||Remembers the preferred language of the site's visitor.
|Session cookie used by the Site Core CMS to maintain user sessions
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, as a data subject you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed as to whether your personal data is being processed by us;
- the purposes of the processing, the categories of the processed data being processed and the recipients to whom the data has been disclosed;
- the right to rectify, complete, update, block or delete personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete, or expired;
- the right to object to us processing your personal data;
- the right to receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format and / or have it transmitted to another company.
Before complying with any of your requests listed above, we may have to confirm your identity for security reasons.
If you are of the opinion that the way your personal data is being processed in in breach of the applicable data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
In the Netherlands it is called the Dutch Data Protection Authority (de Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). The content of the website is available both in English and in Dutch.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy or data processing practices within our company, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
PHC Europe B.V.
Att: Data Protection Officer
4879 AZ Etten-Leur
We may modify this Policy from time to time. We will post the most recent version of the Policy on our website and indicate at the bottom when it was updated.