FY2022 :April 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023
Initiatives Related to the Priority Environmental Themes
|Reduce CO2 emissions by over 3.5% from the FY2021 level
|Achieved the goal with a 4.37% reduction
|Reduce industrial water consumption per production output by 10% from the FY2021 level
|Achieved the goal with a 14.9% reduction
|Ensure 100% compliance with environmental laws and regulations
|Achieved the goal by complying with all applicable laws and regulations
PT PHC Indonesia (hereafter PHCI) places the highest priority on ensuring our employee’s health and safety in all of our business activities. In addition, we are fully aware of our corporate social responsibility in protecting the global environment. We will continue harmonizing he health and safety of our employees, the preservation of the environment, and our business management.
All our employees are highly conscious of the importance of maintaining health and safety as well as ensuring environmental sustainability, and are committed to doing so in daily practice.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
PHCI, a manufacturer of medical devices and other electronic components, commits to corporate social responsibility and contibutes to zero accident, creating a comfortable workplace, and realizing a sustainable global environment. We will continue to promote occupational health and safety (K3) as well as environmental activities.
PHCI will make the following efforts:
- Maintain a safe and comfortable work environment to prevent injuries and health hazards in business activities.
- Conduct global environmental protection activities, prevent pollution, and conserve the use of natural resources.
- Establish and maintain occupational health, safety and environmental management system referring to ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015, and make continual improvements.
- Comply with all laws and regulations related to health, occupational safety and health, and the environment, as well as any other requirements applicable to the company.
- Evaluate risks to health, occupational health and safety, the environment, and implement initiatives to reduce them.
- Set the objectives and goals for realizing occupational health and safety environmental policies and review them periodically.
- Educate our employees to increase awareness and responsiveness to the health, safety, and environmental obligations they are responsible for.
- Our management team shall discuss matters with the employees or their’ representative.
This policy shall be shared and familiarized with all employees at PHCI and will be distributed to our stakeholders.
Aiming to Reduction of Environmental Impact
Reducing energy consumption is an essential part of our environmental efforts. Therefore, we continuously work to reduce energy consumption, especially electricity, to minimize the impact on the environment.
More specifically, we control the operation of electrical equipment and machinery under appropriate conditions and systematically install new equipment that consumes energy efficiently, such as updating to inverter-type equipment.
As in the previous year, some air conditioners and a compressor were replaced with inverter-type this year, resulting in an annual reduction of around 161 tons of CO2 emissions.
Environmental Performance Data Report
Communication to external parties is done by reporting our environmental performance data to the regulatory agency. As a part of our regulatory compliance activity, the reports are submitted twice a year.
The report describes the quality of ventilation emissions, quality of wastewater, noise levels, quantity of industrial waste, and the management system for these parameters.
Preparing and How to Respond for Emergencies
Concept and Drill Program
Our preparations and response for emergencies are updated annually. It includes periodically checking the performance of facilities and enhancing employee awareness of the emergency response procedure through trainings and procedure simulations.
Spill response training
PHCI CO2 Emissions
Amount of Wastes & Valuables in PHCI