Cryogenic freezers for long-term preservation
Cryogenic ULT freezers are specially designed to achieve and maintain temperatures down to -150°C for preservation of biological samples that contain living cells. They are particularly useful for long-term storage of samples, such as embryos, ova, stem cells, mammalian tissues, plasma components including blood cells, plant cells and seeds.
PHCbi developed the world’s first -152°C ultra-low temperature freezer in 1991 in response to a growing demand for cryopreservation solutions following medical and scientific advances, such as the increased use of cryopreserved oocytes in IVF and stem cells in transplants. Since then, PHCbi has continually invested in the ongoing development of cryogenic freezers, introducing improved insulation, better refrigeration technology and alarm systems, and a bigger capacity. The latest Cryogenic MDF-C2156VAN and MDF -1156 ultra-low temperature freezers offer unparalleled safety, reliability and uniform temperatures thanks to the application of over 20 years of specialist expertise.
Cryogenic ULT Freezers (-150°C) are already in use to store
- Umbilical cord blood as a source of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells.
- Stem cells for autologous transplants in patients who have undergone high dose chemotherapy.
- Adipose tissue, epithelial cells and bone marrow for stem cell therapy.
- Blood products for immunology analysis.
- Mesenchymal stromal cells for regenerative medicine and tissue engineering.
- Cancerous tissue samples.
- Semen for artificial insemination – used for breeding guide dogs and race horses.
- Oocytes and embryos for IVF.
- Ovarian tissue for preserved reproductive function in women undergoing treatments.
- Plant seeds/shoots for breeding.
- Components for shrink fitting of parts in industrial manufacturing.
- Temperature testing of parts in the automotive and aerospace industry.
Benefits of our Cryogenic freezing solutions
We recognize how critical it is for ULT freezers to maintain specific temperatures with high accuracy for the protection of biosamples. Our Cryo freezers -150°C employ advanced technology that ensures a high precision temperature environment at all times. They are designed for fast temperature recovery.
Our Cryogenic -150°C ULT Freezers meet rigorous standards and comply with all key certifications For many years, liquid nitrogen was used for cryogenic freezing. While liquid nitrogen systems can be used as a back-up option with our cryo freezers, they have been designed to provide appropriate cooling mechanically. This provides a safer and more convenient alternative to liquid nitrogen tanks.
PHCbi was the first company in the world to introduce vacuum insulation panels to ULT Freezers. Our patented VIP vacuum insulation is a high-efficiency design that provides outstanding insulation and yields more interior storage volume in a conventional freezer footprint. Overall, our Cryo Freezers have a small footprint and have also been designed for low noise.
There is more than one back-up option for operation of the Freezers. These different options utilize liquid nitrogen. All our Cryo Freezers feature highly effective user-interfaces, including doors, monitoring systems, and alarms, and clear and specific user protocols.